Poor Tim has strep throat. He started feeling bad last Thursday, but thought he could fight off the illness. He's been miserable the entire trip. I did talk him into seeing a doctor on Sunday morning. He got an antibiotic, but he said it doesn't seem to be helping that much. I think he's starting to feel better slowly. Jae Anna and I have not picked up the virus from him, thankfully. Even though I accidentally drank after him a few times on the trip. Keeping my fingers crossed.... Strep makes you want to roll over and die from what I remember anyhow.
Tomorrow we close on our new house and I can't wait to get the keys! Our furniture and things won't arrive till Saturday, but we'll be taking our air mattress and two bean-bag chairs over there tomorrow night and call it home. After sitting on the floor for three months, I can manage a few more days :) Charlie and Ruby are with us in the apartment tonight. We tried to quietly sneak them in, but they've been barking when they hear the neighbors walk above us. Ruby is a nervous wreck when we take her outside to "do her business"... so she won't "do it". Hoping she doesn't have any accidents in the house. Between Jae Anna chewing the windowsill, Tim spilling a drink on the wall, and stained carpet from where Jae Anna's sippy cups leak... we might as well have paid a pet deposit.
Okay... Now for a quick 16 month update on our big girl:
She loves to sing. We have a CD of children's praise songs in the car and when we turn that on, she'll sing along with the music. Of course she's not singing the words, but she loves to try. It's very, very cute.
I make a funny face at her when we're playing and now she makes that face when she's feeling silly. She'll squint her eyes almost closed, but peek out of one eye. I'll have to try and catch a picture of her making the face. It's also very, very cute.
She's been a bit of a bully on the playground lately. She likes to stand at the bottom of the toddler sliding board and make sure no else uses it. Of course I'm trying to teach her to share and take turns, but we haven't mastered the sharing skill, yet. I'm guessing this will take some time for her to grasp.
She's trying to say lots of new words. There are a lot of things she can say, but she doesn't use the words repeatedly. She also is starting to speak some baby jibberish. I love listening to her read a book. She'll jibber-jabber and point as if she's reading the story.
Okay, I could continue to gush about what a sweet baby girl I have, but I've got to get to bed!

3 comments:
so glad everything went okay. it did take them forever to load up that truck! i wish you could see the size of the truck that the people have that are moving in...it's less than 1/2 the size of yours. :) they were able to get it into the driveway at least.
i know you'll be so relieved to get into your new house! it was great to see you one last time before the offical move. i hope tim feels better soon!
miss you guys!
Thanks for sharing your blog with me! Jae Anna is a doll! Hopefully you all are getting settled in Ar nicely! Let's meet soon :)
Oh My Gosh ~~ I just noticed that Jae Anna is wearing the same outfit in two posts and they are quite a few months apart. Haha. Well she was still able to squeeze her bootylishious behind into it. Ha!
Post a Comment