Tim just brought to my attention that I had not posted our October blog, yet!
We took Jae Anna to her first Halloween party last night. Her playgroup friends were there all dressed in their costumes. Jae Anna went as Little Red Riding Hood and I put my 60’s Go-Go costume on. It was held at the Prairie Grove Battle Park in an old barn. We also went on a haunted trail and hayride. This is one of America's most intact Civil War battlefields where the Confederate Army of the Trans-Mississippi clashed with the Union Army of the Frontier resulting in about 2,700 casualties on December 7, 1862. Walking, where so many lives were lost, at night with a full yellow moon is creepy enough. The haunted trail actors actually served more as comic relief!
We’ve spent most of the month getting unpacked and slowly getting things up on the walls in our new house. Tim really dislikes having to hang things on the walls. For his sake, I’m taking my time decorating. My favorite room of our house has to be the kitchen. I have so much storage space. It’s ridiculous!! And it’s so functional. Cooking is actually enjoyable now and we’re eating at home a lot more.
Charlie and Ruby stayed outside for the first few weeks, but we really missed having them around to cuddle with and Jae Anna really enjoys their company. We just have to take them out on a leash so they don’t get their paws in the dirt and track it back inside. The house didn’t feel like a home until I could see dog hair on the floor. Jae Anna is eating less these days because she’d rather feed the dogs from her high chair. I’m trying to teach her – when it’s gone, it’s gone - otherwise, she’ll just continue to toss her food to them no matter how much food I bring her.
Jae Anna is talking a lot more now. Mostly jibber-jabber, but she can say most anything that she wants to say. She just doesn’t make sentences. She’s mostly quiet when we get around other people. I’m trying to get her out of the house more now that we’re settled in. I could tell a difference in her comfort level around other children since we had not been going to playgroup meet-ups as often. It’s good for both us to get out more and socialize, so we’re trying to make a point to do so.
I’m really looking forward to the holidays this year. It’s fun having a toddler who can enjoy all the festivities. Tim’s cousin, Paul, and his family have talked about coming for Thanksgiving. It would be nice to have family here to celebrate with.
We took Jae Anna to her first Halloween party last night. Her playgroup friends were there all dressed in their costumes. Jae Anna went as Little Red Riding Hood and I put my 60’s Go-Go costume on. It was held at the Prairie Grove Battle Park in an old barn. We also went on a haunted trail and hayride. This is one of America's most intact Civil War battlefields where the Confederate Army of the Trans-Mississippi clashed with the Union Army of the Frontier resulting in about 2,700 casualties on December 7, 1862. Walking, where so many lives were lost, at night with a full yellow moon is creepy enough. The haunted trail actors actually served more as comic relief!
We’ve spent most of the month getting unpacked and slowly getting things up on the walls in our new house. Tim really dislikes having to hang things on the walls. For his sake, I’m taking my time decorating. My favorite room of our house has to be the kitchen. I have so much storage space. It’s ridiculous!! And it’s so functional. Cooking is actually enjoyable now and we’re eating at home a lot more.
Charlie and Ruby stayed outside for the first few weeks, but we really missed having them around to cuddle with and Jae Anna really enjoys their company. We just have to take them out on a leash so they don’t get their paws in the dirt and track it back inside. The house didn’t feel like a home until I could see dog hair on the floor. Jae Anna is eating less these days because she’d rather feed the dogs from her high chair. I’m trying to teach her – when it’s gone, it’s gone - otherwise, she’ll just continue to toss her food to them no matter how much food I bring her.
Jae Anna is talking a lot more now. Mostly jibber-jabber, but she can say most anything that she wants to say. She just doesn’t make sentences. She’s mostly quiet when we get around other people. I’m trying to get her out of the house more now that we’re settled in. I could tell a difference in her comfort level around other children since we had not been going to playgroup meet-ups as often. It’s good for both us to get out more and socialize, so we’re trying to make a point to do so.
I’m really looking forward to the holidays this year. It’s fun having a toddler who can enjoy all the festivities. Tim’s cousin, Paul, and his family have talked about coming for Thanksgiving. It would be nice to have family here to celebrate with.

1 comment:
what a cute costume! glad ya'll are settling in.
Post a Comment