So now we’re in an apartment with an air mattress, a pack-n-play, and two bean-bag chairs. Thank goodness we got cable and Internet hooked up pretty quickly or I’d be going totally stir crazy. The apartment is really nice, though. There’s a golf course right outside our window. Tim wants to go buy me a golf club so we can play. The few times I’ve tried golfing it took many swings before I could ever make contact with the ball. So we'll see....
I’ve been driving a lot during the day, looking for houses. I’m trying to not fall in love with just one house since we really need to wait until we get a contract on our house in Georgia before buying here. But there is this one house that I keep driving past. I love historic homes. They have so much character and life about them. Tim thinks it’s too close to the road and says he’s vetoing this one. I’m hoping he’ll have a change of heart.
We visited Bella Vista Christian Church yesterday morning. They have two services. One that is more of a contemporary worship service and one that is more traditional. We attended the 8:45am contemporary service. I prefer a mix of the contemporary worship with traditional. But since we had to pick one, we went with the contemporary since it’s probably more upbeat and we enjoy getting an early start on the day. The people were very friendly and we enjoyed it. So we plan on going back.
Last night we went to dinner at one of Tim’s co-worker’s homes. He’s from Taiwan and she is Caucasian and they have three sweet and beautiful girls. The youngest is only 9 months and Jae Anna had so much fun playing with her. Nice, nice people.
~ 13 Months ~
Now for the Jae Anna update! Talk about a busy, busy girl. She is still a very good baby. Still sleeping through the night and taking two good naps during the day. I read that the morning nap should disappear soon, but she still gets tired right at 9:30am every day. She almost never cries when she goes down for naps or bedtime. Climbing is her big thing now. If there’s something that can be climbed, then she will attempt it. She still doesn’t really know a stranger. She’ll go to anyone. She loves watching other children in the grocery store or when we’re out to eat. She’ll smile and try to get their attention. I finally bought her a pair of shoes since she enjoys walking anytime we’re out of the house (holding our hands, of course). She thinks she’s hot stuff with her shoes on. We shopped around a lot and tried on a lot of baby shoes. Didn’t think I’d pay the Stride Rite prices, but they truly seem to be the best fit and most comfortable on her feet. So I’m checking every few minutes when we’re out to make sure they’re still on her feet! I can’t get by with just a couple of bathes a week anymore. As soon as her hands get dirty and sticky… the hands go directly into her hair. Plus the fact that she sweats like a stuffed pig these days. I guess because she’s so busy and non-stop movement. She’s getting pickier with her eating. We switched to whole milk this week. No more formula. I said I was going to put the bottles away, too. But I’m still worried that she doesn’t drink enough out of the sippy cups. And I’m afraid to leave the milk just sitting around the house waiting for her to “sip” it all down. Got to make the transition soon… especially since she doesn’t seem to mind using the sippy cups.

No comments:
Post a Comment