Jae Anna and I flew to Albany a couple of weeks ago to watch my nieces and nephew while my brother and sister-in-law took a cruise for their 10th anniversary. This was Jae Anna’s first time flying. The picture above was taken on our flight. I just kept shoveling in the cookies and crackers to keep her from climbing off the seat and into the aisle. Luckily, we had some light-hearted people sitting around us and Jae Anna had fun playing peek-a-boo with the couple seated behind us.
My nieces LOVE babies; especially my niece Ramsay. They were a huge help with Jae Anna. They would carry her around everywhere, feed her, and even change some diapers. My nephew, Jax, couldn’t get enough of Jae Anna. He would love on her all day long. So much that when Jae would see him coming, she’d scream. Jax’s two year old lovin’ often resulted in squeezing her cheeks or accidentally poking fingers in her eyes. They are really good kids, though, and we had fun partying while the parents were away. My sister and her three kids came down to Albany while we were there, also. So we spent every evening over at my parents’ house swimming and hanging out with all the cousins. Jae Anna loved being in the pool. She was so comfortable and kept trying to put her face in the water. When it was time to get out of the pool each night, I’d strip her down before taking her back inside to wash up. She would just run with her little naked bottom back over to the pool and try to jump back in.
A few days ago I got a call from a couple that are interested in renting our house in Atlanta until they are able to sell their home and buy ours. We are open to doing that and should be hearing something as early as next week as to whether or not they are able to iron out some details on their end.
I’ve been converted from my love of historic homes to the newer, cleaner, bigger homes after visiting some stale smelling, awkwardly arranged and in need of renovating, older homes. We found a house that we both feel would be really comfortable and meets all our criteria as far as size, neighborhood, floor plan, location, style, etc. I know Tim needs to have bargaining power… so I’m keeping an open mind if we’re not able to get our #1 pick. And it may not even be available once we’re ready. Keep your fingers crossed for us, please!
We are enjoying the area more and more now that we’re able to find our way around town better. It’s such a vibrant area. Can’t wait to get settled in and move our dogs and all of our stuff here so we’ll feel even more at home. I miss our dogs and I know Jae Anna misses the constant entertainment they provide. Anytime I say the word “doggie”, she’ll make a woof woof woof woof sound.
Girlfriend has been off the bottle for almost a month now and she’s chugging her milk and juice from the sippy cup. She knows how to walk at least 8 steps at a time, but will only do it when we coax her. I think if we had furniture in the apartment, then she’d be getting more practice because she’d have something to pull up on and then cruise from one thing to another. She’ll get the hang of it one way or another. She lives on bread and fruit. Hates her veggies and rarely will eat a piece of meat. I hide her veggies in cottage cheese. Sometimes I can trick her that way and sometimes she can detect the taste of a carrot or green pea and will spit it out refusing to eat another bite. Her favorite things to do lately is unroll the toilet paper and pull out everything in the kitchen cabinets. Those safety locks will be the first thing we do once we move into a house! For now, I feel like there’s not too much here to entertain her, so she can have at it.
She’s turned into very much the daddy’s girl here lately, clinging to him whenever I try to take her from him. She’s a smart cookie, though…. She knows who will feed her the junk cereal and treats. They do love to share cranberries and grapes every night, also. So I have no complaints there.
My nieces LOVE babies; especially my niece Ramsay. They were a huge help with Jae Anna. They would carry her around everywhere, feed her, and even change some diapers. My nephew, Jax, couldn’t get enough of Jae Anna. He would love on her all day long. So much that when Jae would see him coming, she’d scream. Jax’s two year old lovin’ often resulted in squeezing her cheeks or accidentally poking fingers in her eyes. They are really good kids, though, and we had fun partying while the parents were away. My sister and her three kids came down to Albany while we were there, also. So we spent every evening over at my parents’ house swimming and hanging out with all the cousins. Jae Anna loved being in the pool. She was so comfortable and kept trying to put her face in the water. When it was time to get out of the pool each night, I’d strip her down before taking her back inside to wash up. She would just run with her little naked bottom back over to the pool and try to jump back in.
A few days ago I got a call from a couple that are interested in renting our house in Atlanta until they are able to sell their home and buy ours. We are open to doing that and should be hearing something as early as next week as to whether or not they are able to iron out some details on their end.
I’ve been converted from my love of historic homes to the newer, cleaner, bigger homes after visiting some stale smelling, awkwardly arranged and in need of renovating, older homes. We found a house that we both feel would be really comfortable and meets all our criteria as far as size, neighborhood, floor plan, location, style, etc. I know Tim needs to have bargaining power… so I’m keeping an open mind if we’re not able to get our #1 pick. And it may not even be available once we’re ready. Keep your fingers crossed for us, please!
We are enjoying the area more and more now that we’re able to find our way around town better. It’s such a vibrant area. Can’t wait to get settled in and move our dogs and all of our stuff here so we’ll feel even more at home. I miss our dogs and I know Jae Anna misses the constant entertainment they provide. Anytime I say the word “doggie”, she’ll make a woof woof woof woof sound.
Girlfriend has been off the bottle for almost a month now and she’s chugging her milk and juice from the sippy cup. She knows how to walk at least 8 steps at a time, but will only do it when we coax her. I think if we had furniture in the apartment, then she’d be getting more practice because she’d have something to pull up on and then cruise from one thing to another. She’ll get the hang of it one way or another. She lives on bread and fruit. Hates her veggies and rarely will eat a piece of meat. I hide her veggies in cottage cheese. Sometimes I can trick her that way and sometimes she can detect the taste of a carrot or green pea and will spit it out refusing to eat another bite. Her favorite things to do lately is unroll the toilet paper and pull out everything in the kitchen cabinets. Those safety locks will be the first thing we do once we move into a house! For now, I feel like there’s not too much here to entertain her, so she can have at it.
She’s turned into very much the daddy’s girl here lately, clinging to him whenever I try to take her from him. She’s a smart cookie, though…. She knows who will feed her the junk cereal and treats. They do love to share cranberries and grapes every night, also. So I have no complaints there.

No comments:
Post a Comment