May 26, 2009

Family Vacation Time!

We went to Branson, MO for our first vacation as a family of four! There's so much to do there! We stayed at the Still Waters Lakefront Resort on Table Rock Lake and could see the lake and marina right from our balcony. Daddy rented a pontoon boat one day and took us out on the lake. I thought it was great for the first few minutes, but then I was totally over it and just wanted someone to hold me so I could lay my head down. You see, this was not only our first vacation as a family of four, it was also our first time all being sick together. Just a nasty cold, but it hasn't slowed us down for the most part. The resort had free kayaking, paddle boats, and fishing poles on the dock. I caught bookoodles of fish! Daddy even caught a snapping turtle! There was an on-site market that made fresh baked pizza's and they were yummo! We ate pizza on our balcony one night and then fed the crust to the geese.





We took in a show Thursday night, The Shanghai Circus. It's a Chinese circus where people do all kinds of acrobats, dancing and play drums!

I saw lots of beautiful butterflies at the Butterfly Palace! My favorite part of the palace was the maze. We got lost in there for a while and it was funny trying to figure our way out.



We had lunch at Billy Bob's Dairyland, a local favorite, one day. It's a 50's style diner. I was a dancing fool by the jukebox. And the owner was very nice. She even held Max for Mommy and Daddy so they could eat lunch!
For an early dinner on Saturday, we drove over to Lambert's Cafe, home of the throwed roll, in Ozark, MO. What a fun place! We got there at 3:30pm and had to wait an hour and a half to get in, but it was worth it.



On our way home, we walked the Beaver bridge on White River. It's a one-lane, wooden and wire-cable suspension bridge in Beaver, AR. We want to go back one day and camp in this quaint little town of only about 100 residents.

No comments: